20-50 million people are injured or disabled due to a car accident each year. Car accidents can be extremely stressful, burdensome and financially costly. Most people who have been in a car accident don’t feel symptoms until days or even weeks after the accident. These symptoms include pain and mobility problems. It is important to receive immediate medical treatment following an auto accident. Common injuries after an accident includes whiplash, headaches, back, neck, shoulder and knee pain.
At Therapydia DC, we offer same and next day appointments for anyone who has been in an auto accident.
Whiplash Pain Treatment
Whiplash is the most reported injury after an auto accident and with this type of neck pain, there are multiple other variables that can be involved that can contribute to its severity, recovery, and overall impact on your life.
Although you may not feel symptoms until days or even weeks after the accident, these symptoms include pain and mobility problems:
- Stiffness to neck, arms, upper back, and even the face
- Numbness into arms, neck and upper back
- Headache, dizziness, nausea
- Generalized weakness but more with head and neck
- Altered sleeping habits and patterns
- Difficulty with concentration
Choose Physical Therapy For Auto Injuries
A physical therapists are often one of the first medical professional to see after a car accident. At Therapydia, our physical therapists will work with you individually to do a comprehensive head-to-toe analysis and develop a custom treatment program. The goal of physical therapy is to help you repair and strengthen damaged muscles and tissues. In more severe neurological cases, a physical therapists can help you re-learn everyday activities such as brushing your teeth or opening a door.
- Manual therapy techniques to reduce inflammation and promote tissue healing
- Specific corrective exercises to address neck dysfunction and weakness
- Joint mobilization to restore neck and spine movement
- Postural training to reduce neck, back and shoulder injury
See our physical therapist today to identify early warning signs of whiplash or auto-related injuries and pain to improve outcomes and prevent chronic problems.
Request an Appointment
“My therapist truly changed my life for the better – I’ve been suffering from back pain on and off for over 4 years. She helped me with immediate pain relief via stretching exercises, but also showed me how I can strengthen my back with simple easy to do exercises. ”