Car Accident Injury & Whiplash Pain Treatment
20-50 million people are injured or disabled due to car accidents each year. Car accidents can be extremely stressful, burdensome and financially costly. Most people who have been in a car crash don’t feel symptoms like pain or mobility problems until days or even weeks after the accident. It is important to receive immediate medical treatment following a car accident. Common injuries after a traffic collision include whiplash, headaches, back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, and knee pain.
At Therapydia DC, we offer same and next day appointments for anyone who has been in a car accident.
Whiplash Physical Therapy Treatment
Whiplash is the most reported injury after a car accident and with this type of neck pain, there are multiple variables involved that contribute to the severity, recovery, and overall impact on your life.
Symptoms of pain and mobility problems are common, although you may not feel symptoms until days or even weeks after the accident. Other symptoms that may arise after a traffic collision include:
- Stiffness to neck, arms, upper back, and even the face
- Numbness into arms, neck and upper back
- Headache, dizziness, nausea
- Generalized weakness but more with head and neck
- Altered sleeping habits and patterns
- Difficulty with concentration
Choose Physical Therapy For Car Accident Injuries
At Therapydia, a physical therapist will work with you individually to conduct a comprehensive head-to-toe analysis with the goal of developing a custom treatment program, unique to you. The goal of physical therapy is to help you repair and strengthen damaged muscles and tissues. In more severe neurological cases, a physical therapist can help you relearn everyday activities such as brushing your teeth or opening a door.
- Manual therapy techniques to reduce inflammation and promote tissue healing
- Specific corrective exercises to address neck dysfunction and weakness
- Joint mobilization to restore neck and spine movement
- Postural training to reduce neck, back and shoulder injury
See a physical therapist today to identify early warning signs of whiplash or auto-related injuries and pain to improve outcomes and prevent chronic problems.
Request an Appointment
“My therapist truly changed my life for the better – I’ve been suffering from back pain on and off for over 4 years. She helped me with immediate pain relief via stretching exercises, but also showed me how I can strengthen my back with simple easy to do exercises. ”