Shoulder Physical Therapy
Shoulder Physical Therapy
One-On-One, Hands-On Treatments. Long-Term Effective Shoulder Pain Relief
Dr Vidale in only 4 weeks helped me get to a place where I no longer had pain but was able to strengthen my shoulder. He also left me with a solid plan to keep the injury from recurring.
These guys are the best. There is a reason everyone gives them 5 stars. At first glance, it’s the personal attention really separates this practice from others. But then you find that not only does the team want to make sure you are getting their full attention, but they want to make sure you see results, too. I work with Jennifer, and she is terrific. I came to Therapydia for knee surgery recovery but told Jen about chronic hip paid from a pulled groin muscle that occurred more than 10 years earlier, plus chronic shoulder pain and she concluded that it was all related. The work she is doing across all three problem areas is definitely making a difference!
When you feel so tense in the shoulders and arms especially after hard day at work, Therapydia is the place to go to relieve your tensions and aches. More power to you and God bless you more!
Shoulder Pain Relief
The shoulder is considered to be one of the most intricate joint systems in the entire human body involving multiple tendons and muscles that allow a variety of motions with the arm from shooting hoops to getting dressed. Your shoulder is made up of three bones: your upper arm bone (humerus), your shoulder blade (scapula), and your collarbone (clavicle). The head of your upper arm bone fits into a rounded socket, the glenoid, in your shoulder blade. A combination of muscles and tendons keeps your arm bone centered in your shoulder socket. These tissues are called the rotator cuff and they cover the head of your upper arm bone and attach it to your shoulder blade. The wide range of motion our shoulders give us can cause problems when our shoulders are overused, have some instability or suffered from a sudden injury leading to tendon impingements and pain.
Signs & Symptoms
Identifying the reasons for shoulder pain can be multifactorial and there are 3 classifications of shoulder conditions.
- 1. Shoulder pain and mobility deficits (i.e. Frozen Shoulder)
- 2. Shoulder stability and movement coordination impairments (Shoulder Dislocation)
- 3. Shoulder pain and muscle power deficits (Rotator Cuff, Bursitis)
- Limited shoulder range of motion
- Difficulty lifting
- Difficulty with overhead motions
Why Physical Therapy
There are 3 specific benchmarks our physical therapists look for during your shoulder physical therapy program:
- 1. Pain-free: First and foremost, we want to ensure that all patients are not feeling any pain in their shoulder region. Nobody wants to be in pain and throughout the recovery process so we make this a top priority.
- 2. Shoulder range of motion (ROM): Through manual therapy and a custom exercise program, our physical therapists will help maintain your range of motion and reduce any pain you may be feeling. During each visit, we will work on increasing your ROM across all directions and prescribe exercises that will gradually help you move without pain.
- 3. Return to activity or sport: The ultimate goal of physical therapy is to get you back to where you were before injury, and potentially beyond, by correcting any inefficient movement. We customize every treatment program to our patients needs and goals. During this stage, we will continue to utilize manual therapy techniques and develop additional exercises to get your range of motion back to normal.
About Therapydia DC
Better Physical Therapy Experience
At Therapydia DC, our physical therapists offer one-on-one, hands-on shoulder treatment. You’ll spend your entire with one of our expert therapists – we won’t hand you off to a PT assistant or aide. We’ll help you understand what’s causing your pain, what you can do to relieve your pain and ways to prevent reoccurring injuries. Best of all, you’re covered. Therapydia works with and provides billing for most PPO insurance groups and Medicare. We also accept cash-based payments.
- Lifetime Wellness
- Quality Treatment